Open Tasks Edit
Here are some tasks you can do to help:
- Import your case study information (or FDMB profile) to your User Page. This will help a lot since we can use the wiki to sort and categorize them automatically for easy reference. use this form or see Help:Importing Case Study for details.
- Add sources and links: There is new research going on and old research we haven't linked to. The wiki is an ideal place to store these links, in the bottom of each wiki article. Info from a good source is way more convincing than our own opinions. Good sources include JOP - Journal of the Pancreas, PubMed, Max's House, the [The FDMB], and the many cat and dog veterinary sites out there.
- Interlink: Many articles need more links to other topics. Please look through your favorite articles and add [[square brackets]] to topics you think are or should be in this wiki.
- Expand: Cats' faster metabolism, Questions for vets, dawn phenomenon (for the effect in cats), Variability:Same insulin, same cat, different day. Why do results vary?
- Reorganize: Some pages, though factually good, need to be reorganized to put the introductory text first, details later, add headings and make sure they are correct, and make sure the text is clear, flows well, and is non-repetitive. Any contradictions should be noted and resolved.
- Hyperthyroidism: Symptoms and treatments. Effect on treatment of diabetes. Potentially link to this discussion on FDMB about a study linking soy in cats' diets with T4 results higher than the labs' reference range.
- Medium-carb diet
- Kidney infection
- Vaccinations: The trend is toward vaccinating all pets less; there are also vets who advise against vaccinations for diabetic pets, choosing to do Titer testing instead. Most dogs with diabetes are only vaccinated when absolutely necessary. What are those of you with cats with diabetes told re: vaccinations?
- Wanted pages are listed automatically when 2 or more links point to them.