A collection of links to references on the use of dry food in cats and dogs. For more information on proper cat diet, see Low-carb diet.
Dry food in catsEdit
- The "Catkins" diet, by Dr. Deborah Greco, DVM
- U.S. Patent 6,203,825 treating diabetes in obligate carnivores using a low-carbohydrate diet, Dr. E. Hodgkins, DVM, Esq.
- Why low-carb diets are more effective than high-fiber diets in diabetic cats, N. Bennett et al, Colorado State U.
- More on feline nutrition and dry food causing health problems, by Lisa Pierson, DVM
- Why dry food is NOT good for cats' teeth or anything else, by Jean Hofve, DVM
- Recommended Feline Diet by Duane E. Huwe, DVM
- Proper feline nutrition, from Maxshouse.com, many vets cited
- Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (WSAVA 2005) and its relation to dry food
- The carnivore connection to nutrition in cats by Dr. Debra Zoran, DVM, PhD, DACVIM
- An open letter to veterinarians, from Catnutrition.org
- Dry food and cats' teeth: Feline Future Cat Food co.
- Harvard study on junk in pet foods, including cats' lack of need for carbohydrates vs. their relative cheapness.
- FDMB Think Tank discussion on dry food and teeth
- Testimonials from several newcomers who became diet-controlled by dropping dry food.
- Graphs of one cat's Blood Glucose Levels when eating dry, and then canned food. Dramatically good results.
- What happens when a regulated diabetic cat gets a little dry food?