Pyruvate and alpha-ketoglutarate are components of the energy-transporting Krebs Cycle. These supplements are available in health-food stores and have recently been shown to reduce brain damage in rats if administered immediately after a hypoglycemic incident.
- Paper on Pyruvate & alpha-ketoglutarate reducing hypo damage
- Elmhurst College-Citric Acid or Krebs Cycle
- Elmhurst College-Graphic Illustrating How Pyruvic Acid Can Become Glucose or Glycogen Again
- Elmhurst College-Interactive Graphic-Fate of Pyruvate
- Elmhurst College-Citric Acid or Krebs Cycle-Interactive Graphic