Directly from the HealthCanada page:
"Q8: I will have unused vials of Eli Lilly's Iletin II Regular and Iletin II NPH insulin as of April 1, 2006. Can I use them past the expiry date?
A8: Health Canada understands that there may be individuals who plan on using Iletin insulins past the labelled expiry date. While Health Canada does not recommend the use of any product past the labelled expiry date, Health Canada has reviewed stability data from Eli Lilly Canada. That data indicates that if the Iletin insulins have been stored properly, the products could be used safely up to 12 months beyond the labelled expiry date."
See also Substitutes for Humulin U and L
- Insulin Therapy in Cats With Diabetes Mellitus
Contains onset, peak & duration data on NPH/isophane & PZI insulins in cats.
- Pharmacology of a U40 Porcine Lente Insulin Preparation in Diabetic Cats-Journal of Feline Medicine & Surgery-Rand & Martin-2001
- What Insulin Should I Choose Now That My Options Have Dwindled? Dr. David Bruyette--Page 2
- OSU Endocrinology Symposium 2006-Selecting an Insulin for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus in Dogs & Cats-Nelson-Page 39
- Better Medicine-E-Newsletter-June 2006
- Switching to Another Insulin-Why and How-Dr. Greco North American Veterinary Conference-2006
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found